Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How do I trust again?

This daily devotion stole my heart this morning. With all that is going on (again), I found great comfort in her words, in her determination to draw her strength from the Lord, and to trust again...

. .. Lord, I don’t want to do this again... 
... With tears, I whispered the beautiful words over and over until they soaked into my heart: Blessed is the {woman} who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord... 
... Maybe you are in a hard place today. Perhaps it’s a place you've encountered before, and it’s the last place you wanted to be...

...Blessed is the (woman) who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord...

To continue reading: 

Click the link here: Proverbs 31 Ministries- How do I trust again?

Suzie Eller
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 (ESV)

We walked into the doctor’s office fully expecting good news... We walked out carrying a slew of pamphlets and news that we didn’t see coming... Cancer is a place we’ve been through before as a couple. Except back then it was me, and now it’s him... Lord, I don’t want to do this again... I’m still rocked by the news, and I still don’t want to be in this hard place, but I know what to do. I’m pushing my roots deep in my faith. I’m scooting closer to my God in the midst of drought. I’m even anticipating the fruit that will drop from our lives as a result... 

No comments:

Post a Comment