Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anger (Old life vs New life)

Matthew 5:21-22
“You have heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.’ But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell.

Anger (Old life vs New life)

When we were in the old life (the Law of Moses), we lived by 'following the law'- do not murder.  In the new life we live by the law of our heart, by forgiveness, love, and compassion. Do not even be angry with someone that you would judge them unfairly, do not curse them that
something 'bad' would happen to them.

I'm reminded that the best way to apply this to my life is by living by my heart, being led by the Holy Spirit. The only way to do this in my new life is to spend time with the lover of my soul, to be relational with Him, and to live in His words. The moment I've stepped away from this for whatever reason (business of the world, poor time management, etc.) is the moment I will see anger and judgment rise up in my actions/reactions to those around me; it is the moment that I've lost the love and compassion that I yearn for.

Lord thank you for drawing me closer to you, for wooing me by your spirit to come and sit with you and feel your love for me through the way you lovingly speak to me and guide me in my daily walk.

Help me Lord to be a person, a woman, of great love and compassion, only because of you. 

Help me Lord to apply this to ALL areas of my life, even those closest to me whom I tend to find the most judgments with, in Jesus name.

Lord, forgive me for the judgments, anger, and curses I may have willingly or unwillingly taken part in and fallen short in- cleanse me from all unrighteousness and know my heart Lord. Fill me with your fresh and living Word, fill me with the fire of God in a new way, and ignite me for YOUR glory Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/28/2014



No comments:

Post a Comment