Friday, December 27, 2013

Realizations to the End of 2013


Ephesians 4:29 
Don't use foul or abusive language. Let EVERYTHING you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. 

This holiday season I have had many eye opening realizations and many moments to

stop and determine the choice I am going to entertain while being involved in certain situations. And the personal choice that I am not going to perpetuate a cycle I no longer choose to be involved in, because it's not God's will in my life. 

I will not hate, I will not entertain the need to rise up and defend myself by man's standards - but I WILL rise up to defend God and the truth of His word. Those who walk around carrying His name in their heads and using His words to their advantage to tear people down and condemn them will face their eternal judgment by God. 

I choose to put the situations, lies, discontentment, and hurt into God's hands and allow Him to work with those involved, as well as myself, and in His timing and in His ways all things will be settled and are just.

If my words are not an encouragement to those who hear them, I choose to not speak them, to take the time to allow God to speak through me or to not say anything at all. This is my personal vow.

The words that are spoken, are the words that linger in your heart. There is no hiding it. If you feed your heart hate, you will speak hate. If you feed your heart compassion, you will speak compassion. If you feed your heart discontentment, you will speak discontentment. If you feed your heart love, you will speak love. This is how you will know who hold God's words in their heart. Stop and listen to the words they speak.

Titus 1:16 Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.

I'm often still amazed at how judgmental and critical people are when they claim to know God or when they say they love you. To know God, is to follow His word and to keep it close to your heart. When you do this, there is no need to strive to live a 'good' life, your heart values and follows the standards you've 'fed' it, and when you stray from His words and His truth, you will feel the gentle pull on your heart to correct it. It's then your choice to follow or turn away.

So, while some still choose to falsely judge me and/or those I love - it is no longer my need to rise up and prove every point that is incorrect to defend myself and/or them from their incorrect judgments; but it is my need to pray that truth would penetrate their hearts in a new way and to release God's ultimate ruling over their lives and their hearts. So be it, according to God's Word. 

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

To say you love someone, is to follow 1 Corinthians 13 - you can't claim to love someone if you can't follow the basics. Patience, kindness, not being jealous or proud or rude, not demanding or irritable, no records of wrongs are kept, rejoicing only when truth wins, never giving up, never losing faith, always being hopeful and enduring through EVERY circumstance. While I realize we often fall short of 'all' of these 'all' of the time, but when an open heart, God will direct you to fulfill all of these areas in those you are called to love. Which is not who you CHOOSE to love, but who He puts in your life to love.

But to purposely avoid what the basics of love is when dealing with people, is a direct spat in the face to God. It's telling Him that He is wrong, that His description of what 'love' is, is incorrect because you know more than He does. It's telling Him you've chosen to overrule Him, and you are now in the position to play god.

I honestly cannot fathom to hear one more person tell me they 'love' me, when they choose to not know what love is.

The Truths of Our Faith
1 Timothy 3:14 
I am writing these things to you now, even though I hope to be with you soon, 15 so that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth.


And with that I am not going to let other people's lack of truth in their hearts, their false assumptions & judgments affect me or my choices other than to make myself a better vessel for God. 


Thank you Lord that I know YOUR truth, because I know YOUR word and your word IS truth. Thank you that I desire to speak with love to all of those I encounter even when they have hurt me, betrayed me, or falsely judged me or someone I love. Thank you that because I choose to follow you, your words, and your heart - that you bless me in ways that still surprise me! I pray the blessing of truth and real love over those who lack Your word in their hearts Lord, in Jesus name!

No comments:

Post a Comment